5 hrs 30 mins
These ribs will have to be broiled firstly in the oven and then slow-cooked in a crock pot you can easily double this recipe. You can also cook these ribs on low heat in the oven. You might want to double the complete recipe, or just double the sauce ingredients....this is delicious! Adjust the ginger and garlic amount to taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs country-style pork ribs (separated)
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice or 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- hot cooked rice
- 1In a bowl combine ketchup, honey, vinegar, soy sauce, five-spice powder, onion, ginger and garlic; pour into the slow-cooker.
- 2Set oven heat to broil and set the rack 6 inches from heat source.
- 3Season ribs with salt and pepper.
- 4Place the ribs on a baking pan, then broil, turning once until browned (this should take about 10-12 minutes).
- 5Transfer the ribs to the slow-cooker/crock pot; turn to coat with the sauce.
- 6Cover the slow-cooker and cook on LOW heat for about 5-6 hours or until ribs are tender.
- 7Transfer the ribs to a platter to keep warm.
- 8Skim any fat from the top of the sauce.
- 9Transfer the sauce to a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat, cook until reduced to about 1 cup.
- 10In a small cup whisk 1 tablespoon water with 1 teaspoon cornstarch; add to the simmering sauce; simmer until thickened.
- 11Pour the sauce over the ribs and serve.
- 12Serve with cooked rice.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Chinese Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (535 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1593.7
- Calories from Fat 1020
- Total Fat 113.4 g
- Saturated Fat 39.3 g
- Cholesterol 417.3 mg
- Sodium 1468.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 21.8 g
- Protein 105.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: