Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Tender with lots of flavor! Great as an appetizer for a televised ballgame or your main dish at dinner. Simple and easy to prepare. Cooks while you are away!
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 1⁄2 cup light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Place chicken wings in bottom of crock pot. Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl mix other ingredients (except cornstarch and water) and pour over chicken wings.
- Start 1st hour on high and cook remaining 3-4 hours on low (or) entire time on low for 6-8 hours.
- To thicken sauce, mix cornstarch with cold water and mix in during last 15 minutes.
- Note: Recipe can easily be doubled or tripled.
If you like flubbery chicken fat, this ones for you! The flavor was great, and I will definately use this sauce recipe, but not for chicken. Wings really need to be fried to crisp up the skin....there is no way around it.
These were really quite good although maybe it was the quality of chili sauce I used but it was entirely too hot for our tastes. I doubled the sauce recipe and next time I will only use 1/4 of the chili sauce. I would also like to use fresh grated ginger and garlic next time as I think this would add to the flavours and get rid of a slight "processed" taste that my boyfriend complained of. All in all, it was a good dish that I will definitely make again with some modifications. Thanks for posting!
The sauce on this is really yummy. But I tried to modify this recipe based on what I had in my freezer, 2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts. So before any one tries to do that, let me warn you ahead of time, they turn into jerky! Still, the taste was really good. I think you really need the fat from the wings (or legs as another reviewer used) to make up for the tiny amount of liquid that is used in the recipe. We liked the flavor alot and are going to try it with wings this weekend, I am positive they will be fabulous, since we both were using our bread to soak up the sauce from the bottom of the pot!