Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A great recipe that I got from a friend and have passed onto other friends. It's always a treat to make this easy to prepare dish.
- 3 -4 lbs pork shoulder
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatillos, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- Put pork roast in crock pot.
- Blend the remaining ingredients together in a bowl and pour over pork roast.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 6 hours.
- When the roast is done it will be tender and shred easily.
- Serve in tortillas with your favorite taco ingredients.
This had great flavor, but the sauce was a bit too runny to stick with the meat when it was placed in a tortilla. Therefore, some of the flavor was lost in the crockpot. Next time I will definitely thicken the sauce on the stovetop as the other reviewer suggested.
All 4 of the guys at my house last night loved this. They said the sauce was excellent...I thickened it on the stovetop with some cornstarch so it wasn't quite so runny. Definitely a keeper!!!