Prep 20 mins
Cook 168 hrs
I hate chili, but this one is good.
- 1 (16 ounce) package kielbasa, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef, browned
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (27 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
- cook on low 6 1/2 to 7 hours
- Ladle into individual bowls.
- If desired, top with sour cream and shredded cheese.
This was okay the first time I tried it. Didn't taste like chili at all though...more like a ground beef stew perhaps? However, I increased the chili powder by quite a bit (probably a couple of tablespoons...I just sorta eyeballed it) the next time I tried it and it was wonderful then! 3 stars as is but I'd probably do 4 stars with increased chili powder.