8 hrs 15 mins
On those cold, winter days, this chili is warming and filling. Feel free to adjust the amount of chili powder to your personal taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (30 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1Fry ground beef and onions in a large pan until beef loses its pinkness; drain.
- 2Place in crock pot with remaining ingredients, and stir.
- 3Simmer on low for 7 hours, then turn to high setting.
- 4To make dumplings, combine flour, cheddar cheese, cornmeal, and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- 5In a small bowl, mix beaten egg, milk, and oil.
- 6Add to flour mixture, and stir with a fork until just combined.
- 7Drop dumplings by tablespoonfuls into chili.
- 8Cover and cook for 50-60 minutes more.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Chili With Cornmeal Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (470 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 603.7
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 115.4 mg
- Sodium 1759.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 35.8 g