Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I got this recipe from my grandmother. Love it !! Love any recipe that I can cook in my crock pot. We shouldn't waste time slaving over the stove.
- 3 lbs beef stew meat
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3 (8 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- Place meat and onions at bottom of crock pot.
- Add all remaining ingredients except.
- for kidney beans. I like to add that.
- at the very end of cooking time.
- Place on high for 4hours or low for 6hours.
- Usual toppings: cheese & cilantro.
- over rice.