Recipe by Jen Santiago
I found this recipe on the web somewhere and decided to try it. It is absolutely wonderful and the meat just falls off the bones. As my husband describes it "they are succulent!" This is a must in our family at least every other week!
Top Review by ND_Dawn
I did it the lazy way and for 2 people. I agree that the sauce is very good over potatoes so:
I cut up 3 potatoes and used about 1 cup chopped onion and put into bottom of crockpot. I put the pork chops on top. Then I mixed the sauce ingredients ( I left out olive oil obviously and used minced garlic in replacement of the cloves)and poured over pork chops. Then I cooked on low for 8 hours while I was at work. Very good! I threw a corn steamer in the microwave and we were ready to eat!! Thanks for posting!!
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 5 -6 pork chops (bone in preferred)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onions in oil until lightly brown.
- Add garlic, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, water, ketchup and salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer the sauce for 10 minutes.
- Arrange pork chops in crock pot, pour sauce over the chops.
- Cover and cook on LOW HEAT for 6-7 hours.
- I find that the longer you cook them, the more tender they are.
- I normally serve them with mashed potatoes and a vegetable. I put the sauce over the mashed potatoes(yummy!).