I found this recipe on the web somewhere and decided to try it. It is absolutely wonderful and the meat just falls off the bones. As my husband describes it "they are succulent!" This is a must in our family at least every other week!
- Cook onions in oil until lightly brown.
- Add garlic, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, water, ketchup and salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer the sauce for 10 minutes.
- Arrange pork chops in crock pot, pour sauce over the chops.
- Cover and cook on LOW HEAT for 6-7 hours.
- I find that the longer you cook them, the more tender they are.
- I normally serve them with mashed potatoes and a vegetable. I put the sauce over the mashed potatoes(yummy!).
I did it the lazy way and for 2 people. I agree that the sauce is very good over potatoes so:
I cut up 3 potatoes and used about 1 cup chopped onion and put into bottom of crockpot. I put the pork chops on top. Then I mixed the sauce ingredients ( I left out olive oil obviously and used minced garlic in replacement of the cloves)and poured over pork chops. Then I cooked on low for 8 hours while I was at work. Very good! I threw a corn steamer in the microwave and we were ready to eat!! Thanks for posting!!
I thought this recipe was unbelievably good! BUT, I did add a whole lot more spices than the actual recipe calls for, because I'm big on flavor! I used a whole diced onion, 4-5 garlic cloves, double the chili powder, cumin, a little cinnamon, and then I ended up adding about 1 tbsp. brown sugar to cut the sourness of the ketchup & worcestershire sauce. The sauce was perfect with the fried potatoes I served on the side. Will definitely be making this again & again.
Scrumdiddlyumptious! I made these this evening (put them in the pot this afternoon)! My husband and I both thought these had a flavorful zest that penetrated through the meat creating a fall off the bone pork chop paradise:)