Recipe by bmcnichol
This is a family favorite that I adapted from Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook. I keep cooked ground beef in my freezer, so this is easy to put together in the morning before going out the door.
Top Review by bad kitty 1116
This wasn't like chili mac to us. It didn't have the right flavor. It. was edible but I would look for a different recipe. This was too bitter and not saucy or sweet enough. Sorry.
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili beans
- 2 large green peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope chili seasoning mix
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) package elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- cheddar cheese (optional)
- salt and pepper