Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a family favorite that I adapted from Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook. I keep cooked ground beef in my freezer, so this is easy to put together in the morning before going out the door.
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili beans
- 2 large green peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope chili seasoning mix
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) package elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- cheddar cheese (optional)
- salt and pepper
- In crock pot, combine the first eight ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until heated through.
- Stir in macaroni and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with cheddar cheese if desired.
This wasn't like chili mac to us. It didn't have the right flavor. It. was edible but I would look for a different recipe. This was too bitter and not saucy or sweet enough. Sorry.
We really thought this was going to be so good. I'm sorry to say that it just did not have the flavor we were looking for. I don't usually use packet seasonings and that was all we could taste. It had a bitter taste so I added about 1/2 tbls of sugar to improve it. I did use what I thought was a good chili seasoning mix. It's by McCormick. We love chili mac but didn't care for the seasoning in this one. Thanks for letting me try your recipe.
Wish I could give it more stars. Excellent easy to put together crock pot recipe. I used Cook First Ground Beef Mix, the plain hamburger version that I keep in my freezer, for the ground beef; Kittencal's Chili Seasoning Mix for the seasoning mix; and Perfect Pasta With No Watching and No Sweating to cook the noodles while the beef mixture was cooking in the crock pot. Each serving was topped with shredded cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream. Also served it with a green side salad and thick slices of crusty French bread, toasted and spread with seasoned butter All-Purpose Herbed Butter. It is wonderful that I almost never have to buy any packaged mixes because there are so many excellent homemade recipes here on recipezaar. Everyone enjoyed this meal very much. Thanks for posting.