This is a family favorite that I adapted from Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook. I keep cooked ground beef in my freezer, so this is easy to put together in the morning before going out the door.
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili beans
- 2 large green peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope chili seasoning mix
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) package elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- cheddar cheese (optional)
- salt and pepper
- In crock pot, combine the first eight ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until heated through.
- Stir in macaroni and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with cheddar cheese if desired.