Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A simple and good Chili Mac that makes the whole house smell good while it's cooking. Kids love it.
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili beans, undrained
- 2 large green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope chili seasoning mix
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 7 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- salt and pepper
- In slow cooker, combine all ingredients except for the macaroni and salt and pepper; mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until heated through.
- Stir in macaroni; mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
We loved this. I only used 1 can of beans and it seamed to be enough for us. Without the extra can of beans I thought it might be too dry, so I added a 14 oz. can of diced tomatoes. Came out perfect.
I just made this tonight. And am so glad I did. It was really good. The only thing I left out was the garlic because I didn't have any. And added chedder cheese and sour cream on top. I think those two additions are a must. The sour cream gave it such a good creamy taste to it. Thanks....
This was really good!! But I goofed. I forgot to put it in crockpot before leaving for work. So I made it all stove top. It was awesome! I probably used just a bit more of the macaroni. I boiled a whole pound, and then added until I thought it was enough. Menfolk loved it!!!