Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Have napkins handy! My family prefers the chili without beans because it stays on the hot dogs better.
- 1 (16 ounce) package hot dogs
- 1 large onions, finely chopped or 8 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 2 (8 ounce) cans chili without beans
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- Combine everything except the cheese in a slow cooker.
- Cook on Low for 5-10 hours or on High 2-3 hours. Add the cheese right before serving and allow it to melt slightly.
- Place hot dogs on buns.
- Spoon the sauce over.
I didn't have the ingredients to make my "regular" chili dogs so I found this recipe which I did have all the ingredients for. I followed the recipe as written other then I used onion powder insted of onion. I did not follow the directions. I cooked my hot dogs in the microwave and place the hot dogs in the crock pot and topped with all the ingredients. I then cooked them for about an hour on high before serving. We all enjoyed them.
I will definately make this again ! Thanks for sharing.
This was a hit with the kids. Mine don't like onions so I added onion powder and my kids like spice so I added a bit more chili powder. Thanks for posting this simple and kid friendly recipe!!