Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Another recipe I adapted from Quick Cooking. I have made this with both pork and hamburg.
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage or 1 lb hamburger
- 2 cups water
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chili beans, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink and drain.
- Transfer sausage to crock pot, add the next 10 ingredients and stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 hours or until rice is tender.
- Stir in cheese during the last 10 minutes of cooking time.
This is my DD's favorite recipe. She requests it often...and always begs me to take it to pot-lucks. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to make it since we moved as it got lost! Thanks for posting...my DD will be a very happy girl once again. Oh, she prefers it with sausage...but the rest of the family likes it either way. Thanks again, bmcnichol!