Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 hrs
This chili is hearty and easy to make!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can dry northern white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 3/4 ounce) can corn
- 2 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) can spicy tomato sauce (the one I'm thinking of is in a yellow can with a duck on it?)
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- In a skillet, cook beef with cumin and garlic salt over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a slow cooker. Add the next 9 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4 hours. Add the entire can of corn, undrained, water & spicy sauce only during the last half hour.
- Garnish with cheese and sour cream if desired.