Recipe by Denise in NH
My family loves when I make this and it is so good on a cold, snowy NH evening. You can just serve it in bowls, but we like ours served over pasta such as Bowties or macaroni
Top Review by Capncrunch
This was good! I left out the green and red peppers, since my can of diced tomatoes already had them in it. I substitued "ranch style" beans and added a can of corn with the juice. Great recipe kept them coming!!!!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packets chili seasoning mix (mild, original or hot depending on your taste)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can dark red kidney beans (undrained)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can pinto beans (undrained)
- 1 cup diced green pepper
- 1 cup diced red pepper
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 8 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese (, for garnish)
- chopped green onion (, for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef, add green& red peppers, mushrooms and garlic and cook till vegetables are just tender.
- Add this mixture to crock pot and sprinkle with the chili seasoning mix.
- Add the diced tomatoes and stir until well blended.
- Cook on low for approximately 3-5 hours.
- Add the kidney and pinto beans and continue to cook for another 1-2 hours.
- I usually serve over pasta and top with shredded Monterey Jack cheese and chopped green onions.