1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Chile Verde
7 hrs 15 mins
Sooz Cooks's Note:
I wanted to come up with a version of Chile Verde that was perfect for my family and after trying several recipes I came up with this one that we all love. I like to serve this over Chef #230609 's Chipotle Copycat Lime Rice Recipe with flour tortillas from my little neighborhood store called Tortillas de las Americanas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs boneless pork loin, trimmed of fat and cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup beer (dark beer, good mexican lager or water but beer gives it better flavor)
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon
- 1 (28 ounce) can green enchilada sauce (I use Macayo's)
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies
- 4 (7 ounce) cans salsa verde (I use Herdez)
- 1Mix the black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, oregano and cumin together in a bowl. Put the seasoning mix in a large re-sealable plastic bag. Add the pork and shake until well coated.
- 2Add the meat to the crock pot.
- 3Mix the boullion, beer (I just drink what is left!), green enchilada sauce, tomatoes and salsa verde together well in a large bowl. Pour over meat.
- 4Cover and and cook on high for 8 hours.
- 5Serve with chunks of pork wrapped in flour tortillas and smothered with sauce. Or over rice with corn or flour tortillas on the side.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Chile Verde
Serving Size: 1 (407 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 441.4
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 114.3 mg
- Sodium 1817.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 36.3 g