Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I love chile verde, and this is the recipe I came up with to use when I'm away all day...
Make and share this Crock Pot Chile Verde recipe from Food.com.
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs lean pork, cubed
- 2 -3 mild anaheim chilies, seeded and sliced
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and sliced (or more, to taste)
- 8 large tomatillos, husk peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground sage
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- Saute the onion and garlic in olive oil.
- When onion is soft, put it in the crock pot.
- In the same pan you sautéed the onion and garlic in, add a little more oil, turn up the heat, and brown the cubed pork.
- Put the pork and remaining ingredients in the crock pot.
- Turn on medium and cook for at least 6 hours.
I have made this recipe about five times. I use shredded chicken, leave out the salt, and use no salt added stock. It makes my house smell good. The left overs are great too.
Love this recipe! Have made it several times and always forget to review. Serve with tortillas and an avocado salad. Hits the spot every time!
This is a keeper. Just what I needed for a cold winter day. Served it with flour tortillas and an orange, red onion and avacado salad.