Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
I just bought a new slow cooker and I wanted to try it out. So, I threw in some things I had around and this is what happened. I serve it over rice which soaks up the juices well. I am not a fan of overly spicy foods. So, for me these are comfort food flavors.
- 113.39 g carrots, sliced
- 70.87 g onions, sliced
- 113.39 g mushrooms, slices
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 297.66 g can low-fat cream of mushroom soup, condensed
- 35.43 g package Knorr vegetable soup mix
- 236.59 ml water
- Put the carrots and onions on the bottom of the crock pot.
- Place the chicken on top of the carrots and then put the mushrooms on the chicken.
- In a bowl, mix the mushroom soup and the soup mix with 1/2 cup of the water. Stir until everything is well mixed.
- Pour the soup mixture over top of the chicken.
- Pour the other 1/2 cup of water into the crock pot.
- Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours. Serve over rice.
This was great! I substituted cream of chicken soup and canned mushrooms. Added chopped celery. This will definitely be in my menu rotation. My family loved it served over egg noodles.
This was wonderful over rice. Thanks.
This was very good and easy to make before going off to work in the morning. I added 1 pound of baby carrots and 8 ounces of fresh mushrooms but other then that followed the recipe. This was very tasty. Next time I think I will put whole potatoes in also.