Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
I just bought a new slow cooker and I wanted to try it out. So, I threw in some things I had around and this is what happened. I serve it over rice which soaks up the juices well. I am not a fan of overly spicy foods. So, for me these are comfort food flavors.
Top Review by marlalt
This was great! I substituted cream of chicken soup and canned mushrooms. Added chopped celery. This will definitely be in my menu rotation. My family loved it served over egg noodles.
- 4 ounces carrots, sliced
- 2 1⁄2 ounces onions, sliced
- 4 ounces mushrooms, slices
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can low-fat cream of mushroom soup, condensed
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package Knorr vegetable soup mix
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the carrots and onions on the bottom of the crock pot.
- Place the chicken on top of the carrots and then put the mushrooms on the chicken.
- In a bowl, mix the mushroom soup and the soup mix with 1/2 cup of the water. Stir until everything is well mixed.
- Pour the soup mixture over top of the chicken.
- Pour the other 1/2 cup of water into the crock pot.
- Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours. Serve over rice.