1/2 Photos of Crock Pot Chicken With Tomato and Cream of Chicken Soup
7 hrs 10 mins
Okay, so I'm looking at my pantry which is all but bare and my wallet which looks a helluva lot like my pantry and thinking, "Okay... how the hell am I gonna pull this one off?" Well, this is how. Since this recipe is based on "whatever the hell I got in the pantry", be flexible with it, play around.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 chicken leg quarters, split
- 2 small onions, diced (or one medium onion)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (10 ounce) cans tomato soup (can substitute a can of any sort of tomatoes, just make sure they're good and mashed up)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can milk (if you don't have any milk, it's cool, water works good, too)
- 0.5 (10 ounce) can water
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 5 teaspoons Frank's red hot sauce (Frank's cooks up the best when flavor, not spice is the key, substiture your own favorite)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 5 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- 1Saute onions and garlic with oregano in 1 tablespoons butter in a wide pan. When onions have browned, remove and set aside.
- 2Rinse and pat chicken dry. Split the quarters and salt and pepper each side.
- 3Brown the halved chicken quarters in same pan. It'll probably take two batches, use 2 tablespoons butter per batch.
- 4Leaving the excess butter in the pan, put the onions and garlic back in the pan, along with the soups, milk, water and 1 tablespoons dry sherry and bring to a rapid simmer (I dunno what to call it, but it's the time just before a slow boil, when all the bubbles are rolling around but not popping out of the pan like if it's boiling). Whisk a lot while it's heating up, getting all those yummy bits from the bottom of the pan.
- 5Reduce heat to medium or medium-low and start adding your hot sauce 1 teaspoons at a time until it tastes just right (5 shakes = roughly a tsp.). Salt and pepper to taste, keeping in mind that most hot sauces have a lot of salt in them already.
- 6Put chicken and sauce in crockpot on Low for 6 to 7 hours.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Chicken With Tomato and Cream of Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (513 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 789.8
- Calories from Fat 448
- Total Fat 49.7 g
- Saturated Fat 22.2 g
- Cholesterol 211.2 mg
- Sodium 2190.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 18.1 g
- Protein 39.7 g