Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Using plain sun dried tomatoes, not those packed in oil, reduces the fat in this dish. The tomatoes will soften in the cooking liquid.
- 3 ounces sun-dried tomatoes (not oil packed)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 ounces sliced black olives, drained
- Slice tomatoes into julienne strips.
- Combine with remaining ingredients in a 3-4 quart crock pot.
- Cook on LOW for 8-9 hours or until chicken is thoroughly cooked and no longer pink in center.
- Serve with hot cooked polenta or rice.
It smelled unbelievably good while cooking, fell short on the actual taste. It was just okay. I liked it more than my husband. Not a "keeper" recipe.
Meh. Not impressed. The chicken was totally done after 4 hours to the point of being dry. And the flavor was really bland. Very disappointing after waiting 4 hours for it to be done. I'm bummed I have a crockpot full of this stuff leftover. I'm thinking I'll just drain the juice off and use it as a salad topping rather than throw it all away.
My husband asked me if this was one of MY recipes... I couldn't claim it as my own, but he RAVED! ( I left out the olives, because I'm the only one that likes them) the only other change I made was to use more broth (enough to cover about half way up the chicken) from my experience with my crockpot, I just need that much liquid. We at this with brown rice and some yellow squash and zucchini saute'd...and it was delicious. Thank you for sharing with us.