1/3 Photos of Crock Pot Chicken With Mushrooms and Leeks (Low Carb)
6 hrs 15 mins
Normandy inspired chicken with easy, homemade crème fraîche. Simply amazing. Goes perfectly with a side of green beans; also wonderful with sugar snap peas, asparagus or spinach. Notes on crème fraîche: If you're concerned about the thickness of the finished sauce, mix up the crème fraîche a couple of hours ahead of starting the rest of the meal. Crème fraîche thickens as it stands and the thicker it is, the thicker the finished sauce will be; many recipe call for leaving it out around 12 hours, or even up to 24, to set up. It is the bacterial cultures in the sour cream acting on the heavy cream that cause it to thicken and sour slightly, but from what I've read, it's a beneficial bacteria and perfectly safe to eat even when left out for that long (at any rate, I've left it out for that long and my family ate it and was perfectly fine). If you're concerned about the fact that it's a bacteria at all, heating it after it's thickened will kill the bacteria; the taste will be the same, but it will break down slightly and make the texture a little grainy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 10 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 leeks, cut in half lengthwise and sliced crosswise
- 2 tablespoons white wine or 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2-1 teaspoon celery salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 -3 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1In a glass jar, mix together the sour cream and heavy cream until well blended, then put lid on jar and let sit at room temperature until ready to serve chicken.
- 2Grease the crock pot with the butter and leave any extra in the bottom.
- 3Put all ingredients in the crock pot, except for the chicken and the crème fraîche, and mix well.
- 4Add the chicken and mix again.
- 5Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- 6Remove chicken to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- 7Remove 1/4 cup cooking juices and discard.
- 8Mix the crème fraîche into the vegetable mixture, then return the chicken to the crock pot and stir to coat the chicken.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Chicken With Mushrooms and Leeks (Low Carb)
Serving Size: 1 (399 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 444.6
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 190.0 mg
- Sodium 388.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 52.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: