Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs 30 mins
This is one of my all time favorite chicken crockpot recipes.
Make and share this Crock Pot Chicken With Mushroom Gravy recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 (12 ounce) can mushroom gravy
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- In crock pot, combine the chicken, gravy, milk, mushrooms and dressing.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 4-1/2 hours or until chicken juices run clear.
- Stir in cream cheese.
- Cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
This is really easy to put together. And turns out so tasty! My store had no canned mushroom gravy, so I used turkey gravy and an 8 oz. package of sliced, fresh mushrooms. I cut the amount of milk to 1/2 cup, since the mushrooms give off extra liquid. I lightened it up a bit by using Neufchatel cheese instead of cream cheese. This is going into my collection of recipes for making in the RV!
I don't believe that I would have thought of making a cream cheese sauce in the crock pot. I had a few wee lumps of the cream cheese left when I served but it didn't slow me down any. My chicken was dry but that was entirely my fault as I didn't notice till dinner time that it had cooked on High the entire time so be sure to check your setting. That admission made, the flavor is excellent. I used fresh sliced mushies and their liquid added beautifully to the sauce.
We liked this! It's super easy to make and has good flavor. The mushrooms were a nice touch too. (For those of you considering making this, don't let my 3 star rating deter you. 3 stars means we liked it!) Thank you for posting Nichol.