1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Chicken With Bread Bowl Dumplings
6 hrs 10 mins
An easy way to warm up a damp day with a tasty dish that makes use of leftover bread bowls...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 1 cup scallion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered thyme
- 2 large bay leaves
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 small red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 small yellow bell pepper (diced)
- 10 pieces bread (bread bowl chunks 1 inch by 3 inch pieces)
- freshly snipped parsley
- 1Place chicken in bottom of crock pot.
- 2Add scallions, garlic, pepper, marjoram, thyme, bay leaves, and wine.
- 3Cover and cook on low for 6 – 7 hours.
- 4Approximately 30 minutes prior to serving, thoroughly stir in sour cream, flour, and bell peppers.
- 5Line bread bowl chunks along the outer edge of the crock pot.
- 6Cover and cook for 30 more minutes.
- 7Ladle into serving plates and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Chicken With Bread Bowl Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 419.7
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 72.3 mg
- Sodium 518.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 34.1 g