Recipe by IOjaw
An easy way to warm up a damp day with a tasty dish that makes use of leftover bread bowls...
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 1 cup scallion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon powdered thyme
- 2 large bay leaves
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 small red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 small yellow bell pepper (diced)
- 10 pieces bread (bread bowl chunks 1 inch by 3 inch pieces)
- freshly snipped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in bottom of crock pot.
- Add scallions, garlic, pepper, marjoram, thyme, bay leaves, and wine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 – 7 hours.
- Approximately 30 minutes prior to serving, thoroughly stir in sour cream, flour, and bell peppers.
- Line bread bowl chunks along the outer edge of the crock pot.
- Cover and cook for 30 more minutes.
- Ladle into serving plates and sprinkle with fresh parsley.