Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Quick to prepare chicken dish for the crock pot.
- 6 boneless chicken breasts, cut in 1 - 2 " cubes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans corn, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups salsa
- 8 ounces neufchatel cheese
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add all ingredients to crock pot, except Neufchatel cheese.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Stir in cheese cut into cubes, turn off heat. Let sit for 20-30 minutes.
- Stir to blend in cheese.
- Serve over rice, chips or on wraps.
This was so good. It was better than I thought it would be! I cut the recipe in half, but now am wishing I hadn't, so I could have leftovers. My 5 year old daughter LOVED this and had 3 servings!!! My one year old loved it too. I used frozen corn and frozen chicken breasts. I served over brown rice and we put chopped avocados on top. So yummy!
I substituted 4 oz sour cream for 4 of the 8 oz of neufchatel cheese, and added some shredded cheddar on top of each bowlful. I also used frozen corn rather than canned. It was a little soupy at first, but thickened upon standing. Using a mild salsa, this dish was blander than I prefer. Next time I'd use a medium or spicy salsa, and add some fresh peppers as well. Thanks for an enjoyable recipe! I will make this again.
This dish is excellent! We had it over the Christmas break. We froze the leftovers and I reheated them this past weekend; it was just as great the 2nd time around! :)