Recipe by Kristen in Chicago
I really like garlic and I thought this recipe sounded wonderful! It makes the chicken very juicy and it has a very good taste. Try it and see for yourself!
Top Review by mftaylor
I was not happy with this recipe. The garlic was just too overpowering for me, even the smell in the house got to be sickly. I also made the mistake of cooking carrots and potatoes with the chicken. Very bad idea. The vegetables absorbed the garlic and we could not eat them at all. The chicken itself was ok but it was just too garlicky for our taste buds.
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon parsley
- 40 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 -4 1⁄2 lbs whole frying chickens, well rinsed
- 2 stalks celery, well rinsed and sliced
- 1 can chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix herbs together and sprinkle on the inside and outside of the chicken.
- Place cut up celery on bottom of crockpot.
- Place approx.
- 15 garlic cloves inside chicken cavity.
- Place chicken on top of celery and place the rest of the garlic around chicken.
- Pour chicken broth on top of chicken.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-6 hours.