Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This delicious and homey one dish meal is very rich and easy. I love how the wild rice cooks in the crock pot, absorbing the flavors of the other ingredients.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 14 ounces condensed chicken broth
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 10 ounces condensed cream of chicken soup
- 9 ounces baby carrots
- 1 1⁄4 cups wild rice
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- In large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon, crumble and refrigerate.
- Remove all but 1 tablespoon bacon drippings from skillet. Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in broth, water, and condensed soup; cook and stir until bubbly, 3-4 minutes.
- Place wild rice and carrots in 3-4 quart crock pot. Top with chicken pieces and pour mixture in skillet over chicken. Sprinkle with marjoram.
- Cover crock pot and cook on HIGH for 1 hour.
- Stir mixture, making sure wild rice is submerged in liquid.
- Reduce crock pot setting to LOW and cook, covered, for 6-8 hours until chicken is thoroughly cooked and wild rice is tender.
- Sprinkle reserved bacon into crock pot during the last 30 minutes of cooking time.
We had high hopes for this recipe, but none of us really liked it. Sorry.