- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 10 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley (loosely packed)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 cup white wine (pref semi-dry such as pino grigio)
- 1⁄2 cup dry vermouth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel garlic cloves. Take care not to smash, or crush, you want them whole, for a mellow sweeter flavor in the finished product.
- Place ingredients in crock pot in order listed.
- Pour enough water over to just cover (if the wine does not already cover).
- cook in crock-pot on medium setting until tender and chicken shreds easily. You want the chicken falling apart.
- Crockpot temps and times vary. approximately 4-6 hours.