6 hrs 10 mins
TN Hill Cook's Note:
Warning; for the Blue cheese lover only. All other need not apply. I'm all about the blue cheese. I Printed this recipe off in '07 from recipe zaar.com. Good too thing cause I couldn't find it again. The side notes say, sauce works well on partridge, pheasant and rabbit. Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2-3 lbs chicken, cut up, Fresh ground pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried savory
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard (Adjust to taste)
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine (Adjust to taste, I just pour until satisfied)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup whipping cream (Redi-Whip works best)
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1Rinse chicken and pat dry; then arrange, overlapping pieces slightly, in a 4 qt or larger electric slow cooker.
- 2Sprinkle with pepper, thyme, and savory; insert bay leaf between two chicken pieces.
- 3Mix mustard and wine; pour over chicken.
- 4Cover and cook on low setting until meat in thickest part is very tender when pierced (6-1/2 - 8-1/2 hrs.).
- 5Carefully lift chicken to warm serving dish; keep warm.
- 6Mix cornstarch and cream; blend into cooking liquid.
- 7Increase cooker heat setting to high; cover and cook, stirring 2 or 3 times, until sauce is thickened (about 10 more minutes).
- 8Add 1/4 cup of cheese, cover, and let stand for 3 to 5 minutes; stir until cheese is melted.
- 9Pour sauce over chicken; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup of cheese.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Chicken W/ Blue Cheese & Mustard Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 563.6
- Calories from Fat 345
- Total Fat 38.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 168.2 mg
- Sodium 416.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 39.6 g