5 hrs 25 mins
From a Weight Watcher's Crock Pot cookbook. I haven't tried it yet but copied from my friend's book. The recipe states that Vindaloo is a spicy Indian curry usually made with lamb, but chicken is equally delicious. Prepared curry paste can be very spicy, so start with the minimum amount; then, when the dish is done, taste the broth and add the remaining paste if desired. *Any frozen vegetable blend will work with the recipe as long as there are no sauces or butter added.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/2 inch wedges through the root end
- 3/4 lb potato, peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 -3 teaspoon Thai red curry paste, can use green
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat coconut milk
- 1In single layers, place onion, potatoes and chicken in a 5-6 quart slow cooker.
- 2Sprinkle with salt.
- 3Combine the broth, curry paste, and curry powder in a medium bowl; pour over the chicken and vegetables.
- 4Cover and cook until the chicken and potatoes are fork tender, 4-5 hours on high or 8-10 hours on low.
- 5About 35 minutes before cooking is done, stir the broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and coconut milk into the slow cooker.
- 6Cover and cook on high until vegetables are crisp tender, about 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Chicken Vindaloo (Ww 5 Pts. Per Serving)
Serving Size: 1 (317 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.7
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 397.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 30.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Thai red curry paste
frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix
reduced-fat coconut milk