Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From a Weight Watcher's Crock Pot cookbook. I haven't tried it yet but copied from my friend's book. The recipe states that Vindaloo is a spicy Indian curry usually made with lamb, but chicken is equally delicious. Prepared curry paste can be very spicy, so start with the minimum amount; then, when the dish is done, taste the broth and add the remaining paste if desired. *Any frozen vegetable blend will work with the recipe as long as there are no sauces or butter added.
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/2 inch wedges through the root end
- 3⁄4 lb potato, peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 -3 teaspoon Thai red curry paste, can use green
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat coconut milk
- In single layers, place onion, potatoes and chicken in a 5-6 quart slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Combine the broth, curry paste, and curry powder in a medium bowl; pour over the chicken and vegetables.
- Cover and cook until the chicken and potatoes are fork tender, 4-5 hours on high or 8-10 hours on low.
- About 35 minutes before cooking is done, stir the broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and coconut milk into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high until vegetables are crisp tender, about 30 minutes.