For the Vegetarian version: use your favorite veggies, omit the cinnamon stick. This is my sister's recipe (Thank you Najla! XOXO), she made it on the stove top. It's really yummy!!
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh ginger
- 3⁄4 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground hot pepper
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, quartered
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Puree first 10 ingredients in a blender.
- Pour into the crock pot, add tomato sauce, cinnamon stick and onion and mix well.
- Add chicken and turn to cover.
- Cook on low for 5 hours.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.
- Serve with rice or rolls, enjoy!