4 hrs 15 mins
Simply another delicious, easy chicken meal! Fast and tasty, perfect for cold winter evenings. High altitude tested.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice whole potatoes, carrots and celery into 1/4" rounds.
- 2Place in plastic bag and add 3/4 of onion soup mix.
- 3Shake well to coat.
- 4Pour vegetable mixture into crock pot.
- 5Rinse chicken pieces with water and place in the same plastic bag.
- 6Add remaining onion soup mix and shake well.
- 7Place chicken pieces on top of vegetables.
- 8Pour 1 cup water over all.
- 9Cook on High setting for 4 hours.
- 10Reduce to Low setting until ready to serve.
- 11Turn off crock pot and remove chicken and vegetables with slotted spoon.
- 12Pour remaining liquid into saucepan and add evaporated milk.
- 13Begin heating to boil.
- 14To 1/2 cup flour, add enough tap water to create a thick, gravy-like mixture.
- 15When liquid in saucepan comes to boil, add thickening while whisking constantly.
- 16(You may not need to add the entire quantity of thickening mix.) Allow to boil for 1 minute.
- 17Taste and adjust seasoning (add salt and pepper) if necessary.
- 18Serve gravy over chicken and vegetables.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Chicken Veggie Melange
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 502.9
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 154.4 mg
- Sodium 1138.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 55.6 g