Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Simply another delicious, easy chicken meal! Fast and tasty, perfect for cold winter evenings. High altitude tested.
- Slice whole potatoes, carrots and celery into 1/4" rounds.
- Place in plastic bag and add 3/4 of onion soup mix.
- Shake well to coat.
- Pour vegetable mixture into crock pot.
- Rinse chicken pieces with water and place in the same plastic bag.
- Add remaining onion soup mix and shake well.
- Place chicken pieces on top of vegetables.
- Pour 1 cup water over all.
- Cook on High setting for 4 hours.
- Reduce to Low setting until ready to serve.
- Turn off crock pot and remove chicken and vegetables with slotted spoon.
- Pour remaining liquid into saucepan and add evaporated milk.
- Begin heating to boil.
- To 1/2 cup flour, add enough tap water to create a thick, gravy-like mixture.
- When liquid in saucepan comes to boil, add thickening while whisking constantly.
- (You may not need to add the entire quantity of thickening mix.) Allow to boil for 1 minute.
- Taste and adjust seasoning (add salt and pepper) if necessary.
- Serve gravy over chicken and vegetables.
This recipe has all the ingredients for success but lacks something.
It needs something to add color and taste.
Very tasty even though I didn't make the gravy out of the liquid. Very easy to make and delicious. I used my mandoline slicer to make matchsticks sized potato pieces and added shredded carrots. I'd give it five stars if it had some color to it. Maybe I'll add some corn or red and orange bell pepper to it next time.