Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Satisfying chowder in a hurry! Nice chunks of veggies and chicken.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots, cut in halves
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 (14 ounce) can ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli
- In slow cooker, combine chicken, carrots, mushrooms, onion, water, garlic powder, thyme and broth; mix well.
- Cover; cook on low setting for 7 to 9 hours or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Drain fat from slow cooker.
- In small bowl, combine soup, milk and flour; beat with wire whisk until smooth.
- Add soup mixture and broccoli to chicken mixture.
- Cover; cook an additional 30 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
Very easy and nice tasting soup. Filling, satisfying, and just right for lunch. Next time, I would try it with fresh broccoli. The frozen sort of desentigrated. Thanks.
My DH went mad for this soup! He said the seasoning was right on! It was ridiculously easy to throw in the crockpot. I didn't have just frozrn broccoli, but a blend of broccoli and cauliflower..it made a fantastic addition. I think maybe a diced potato would add an extra hardiness to the soup DH would enjoy, but I loved it just as it was. Thanks for the great addition to my soup rotation!