There is nothing crazy wonderful about this, it's just a good, hearty chicken and vegetable soup. I have been trying to eat more "low-carb" so this recipe isn't super creamy. You can add 1 cup of chopped potatoes and 1/2 cup cream if you don't care about carbs and I'm sure it would be even better. I just love to eat this soup and I hope you will too. It's very simple to make and just plain old good!
- 2 cups chopped chicken (cooked or raw, I like to use raw)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can sweet corn
- Put all ingredients in crock pot.
- Cook on high for 6 to 8 hours.