Recipe by CookbookCarrie
I made this up one day and it worked perfectly. Very flexible, use any of your favorite chicken seasoning, or your fave veggies!
Top Review by greengirl512
Wow...you are my hero, cookbook carrie! I'm on a new schedule at work that leaves me with no time at all to cook in the evening, so I've been using my crockpot at least 4 days a week(no joke). This is awesome! I didn't have Southwestern seasoning, so I made a rub for the chicken with some garlic and herbs de provence, and it was excellent. I also made corn per your directions(I did add a little bit of fresh sage to flavor the butter), and also sealed up a bag of zuchinni and yellow squash with some butter and rosemary. I just put the corn and zuchinni in before I left for work, and when I stopped back by the house for supper 4 hrs later, it was perfect! I will use this technique again, often. Thanks so much!
- 3 lbs boneless chicken (I use a mix of thighs & breasts)
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) package Lawry's southwest marinade (or anything else you like)
- 3 ears corn, shucked & cleaned
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 oven cooking bags
Directions See How It's Made
- Place your chicken in 1 bag with the packet of seasoning.
- Do not add liquid, it will make it's own.
- Seal up the bag and put it in the crock pot, set on low for 8 hours.
- With 3 hrs to go, break the ears of corn in half and put in the other oven bag.
- Add the butter, salt& pepper to taste.
- Seal it up and put it on top of the chicken or next to, depending on the size of your crock pot.
- I put both bags in a serving bowl and cut them open, serve out of the bag for informal dinners--less clean up!