Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this on a Weight Watchers forum, which says it was from a Southern Living Magazine. 1 point per cup.
- 8 ounces chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 10 3⁄4 ounces tomato puree
- 10 ounces Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- Place all ingredients in a crock pot.
- Cook on high 6 hours.
- Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips if desired (note that these will increase the number of points per serving).
- I omit the cayenne as we don't like it too spicy.
- Also I use leftover chicken, cubed, and homemade broth.
- Leftovers of this soup freeze very well.
This soup was phenomenal!!!! I actually used 2 cans of pre-cooked chicken and you couldn't even tell the difference!!! I put in the whole can of rotel for a little extra kick. We, too, topped with a touch of shredded cheddar.... the cayenne gives the soup a great bite!! We will DEFINITELY make it again!!!!!
Great soup! I topped with a few crushed tortilla chips and a little shredded cheddar, which added to the points, but I can live with hat when there is only 1 point in a cup to start with! We all loved it and will certainly make it again.