Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a simple recipe that is more of a "Stewp" than a soup because it's nice and thick. I spice it up by using the ingredients marked "hot" or cool it down by using ingredients marked "mild". The choice is yours. Serve topped with dollop of sour cream and freshly baked corn muffins.
- 2 cups chicken breasts, diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with lime juice
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn, with red and green peppers
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, with jalapenos and lime juice
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 lime
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup tortilla chips, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- Combine all ingredients, except cilantro and lime, in a crock pot and cook on low 8 hours.
- Just before serving add the juice of one lime and the chopped cilantro.
- Top each serving with tortilla chips and a dollop of sour cream.