Recipe by Rollin in the Dough!
I just love coming home from a long day at work to a cooked dinner! Right when you walk in the door you can smell the wonderful soup, so we dig in as soon as we can!
Top Review by teresas
This soup really does deserve the full 5 stars! I cut the recipe in half and cooked it on high for 3 hours and it was ready when lunch time hit. I used diced tomatoes, the dried onion and mexi corn. I totally forgot the cheese. But I do have leftovers so it will get some then. Both DH and I thought the spices were spot on. I did use a hot enchilada sauce. Serve some chips on the side. Yum! Made for best of 2010 game. Thanks for posting. :)
- 1 lb boneless chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped, 1/2 c dry minced onion can be substituted
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, UNdrained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth, can use water as well and add boullion
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can beans, black, pinto, kidney, white, DRAINED AND RINSED
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon bay leaf, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro
- corn tortilla strips or chips
- monterey jack cheese or monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- sour cream & guacamole
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in greased 4 1/2 to 6 quart slow cooker
- Cover and cook on low heat 6-8 hrs or on high 3-4 hrs (everyone's crockpot is different, adjust accordingly).
- Top with shredded pepper or monterey jack cheese, guacamole or sour cream.
- Serve with tortilla strips or chips, sometimes I even make cheese quesadillas.
- VARIATION- Add 1 c shredded carrots or zucchini at beginning of cook time.