8 hrs 30 mins
hi, tortilla soup is my favorite soup, but i wasn't sure how to make it, so i asked my mom (she's a really good cook), to help me make-up a recipe for it. This is what we came up with, i really like it, and i hope you will too. ( I use a 5 quart rival smartpot, you could break recipe in half for smaller crock pot).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -4 carrots, sliced
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- 2 -4 stalks celery & leaves, sliced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, crushed and minced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (7 ounce) can mild green chilies, diced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 -3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2-1 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon powder
- 3 zucchini, sliced (add to pot last 2 hours)
- 2 yellow squash, sliced (add to pot last 2 hours)
- 1Put first 15 ingredients, in order given, in pot.
- 2Do not stir.
- 3cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- 4add your zucchini and squash to pot after soup has cooked for 6-8 hours, (if you add the zucchini and squash too soon, they.
- 5become too mushy).
- 6when soup is done, squeeze 1/2 lemon or lime juice in soup and stir.
- 7before soup is done slice tortillas into small thin strips, (the thinner the strips,.
- 8the crispier they will be when you fry.
- 9them). heat vegetable oil in skillet, and.
- 10fry tortilla strips until crispy.
- 11fill bowls with soup, sprinkle each bowl with cilantro, cheese, avocado, (about 1 tablespoons each), and about 2-3 tablespoons of tortilla strips. (or however much you like).
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
Serving Size: 1 (508 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.1
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 34.2 mg
- Sodium 1394.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 21.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: