Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
A quick, no-fuss version of chicken tortilla soup! All you do is put everything into the slow cooker, and turn it on. Then garnish with baked corn tortilla strips. What a dish.
Top Review by mommymakeit4u
I put my chicken breasts in partially frozen and shredded the chicken the last hour of cooking. Also, I had to use taco sauce instead enchilada -- not sure what the difference is, but it was good!
- 1 lb shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes, mashed
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chili peppers
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, green chilies, and garlic into a slow cooker.
- Pour in water and chicken broth.
- Season with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and bay leaf.
- Stir in corn and cilantro.
- Cover, and cook on Low setting for 6 to 8 hours or on High setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- Garnish with fresh tortilla strips or tortilla chips.