Recipe by Darlene Summers
This is a working woman's supper! Easy, good, comfort food. Overnight crock pot cooking time is not included in the cooking time.
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken
- 2 cups water
- 4 (10 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth (or 4 cups of water and 4 chicken bouillon cubes)
- 1 (20 ounce) package 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Before going to bed, put chicken in crock pot with 2 cups of water; salt and pepper to taste. Set crockpot to low.
- Go to bed!
- In the morning, put the crock bowl of chicken in fridge.
- Go to work!
- After work remove crock from fridge. Remove skin and bones from chicken.
- Set meat from chicken aside.
- Pour juices from crock pot into a large pot.
- Add the 4 cans of chicken broth (or bouillon broth).
- Bring to a full boil.
- Add butter.
- Cut flour tortillas into your favorite dumpling size.
- Shake in a large bag with 1/2 cup to 1 cup of flour.
- Drop into pan of boiling juice one or two at a time, pushing other aside as you continue adding tortillas and adding as many dumplings as the broth will allow.
- Cover and continue to boil without stirring on very low heat so as not to boil over.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or till done to your satisfaction.
- Add chicken and cook till chicken is hot.