Kim H. says "any additional seasonings that you can't cook without (me it's GARLIC) can be added". I found this recipe at Obesity Help. It was posted by Kim H. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping. The recipe says to use one of the additions but I think a combo if not all would be so good.
- 4 -5 boneless skinless chicken thighs (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2-1 cup water, broth or 1⁄2-1 cup white wine
- 2 cups vegetables (whatever combo you like)
- 1 ounce onion soup mix (1 package)
- 14 ounces cream soup (1 can, choose your fave flavor)
- 1 cup low carb barbecue sauce
- 1 ounce taco seasoning mix (1 package)
- 1⁄2 cup soya sauce and 1/2 cup red wine (if using this version use the broth or water with this combo)
- Place the chicken, liquid, and veggies in the crock pot.
- Mix in one of the additions.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours.
Easy tasty recipe. I used 5 thighs, 1/2 cup white wine, 2 garlic cloves, 1 tsp Adobo chilie spice, 4 tbsp BBQ sauce. Cooked for 4 1/2 hours on low. The results were beautiful moist tender chicken A do again recipe
The nice thing about this recipe is that is can be easily customized to what you have in your cupboards/fridge &/or what your tastes are. On my 1st try I used 8 thighs & 3/4 c vegy broth along with onions, mushrooms & celery for vegys. I added 1 c of green/red peppers towards the last 1-2 hrs of cooking (so they don't go mushy). My additional sauce (totalling 14 oz liquid) was 5 oz (1/2 can) soup, 1/2 c red wine & bbcue/jerk sauce to make up the rest. At the end I mixed in 5 oz of cooked egg noodles & I found the sauce just enough to go around. The flavours worked for us... I can't wait to try the next variation, thanks for sharing.