Recipe by Lennie
Posted in response to a request; from Company's Coming Slow Cooker Recipes.
Top Review by TGirl,RN
this was very very good!! Chris and I had this for our Valentine's Dinner..thanks for a delicious meal!! The one thing I could say is that I used boneless/skinless chicken breasts, cut it into bite sized pieces (maybe 1" X 1") and it took (at the most) 2 hours to cook on High--I took a piece out and cut it to make sure it was cooked through--the chicken was perfectly moist at the 2 hour mark--so be careful of your cooking time. Again, thanks for a wonderful supper!!~~~~~TERESA
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 cups chopped skinless chicken (white or dark, or a combo)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup skim evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti noodles, broken into short pieces
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In slow cooker, combine onion, mushrooms, raw chicken meat, flour, salt, pepper and bouillon powder; stir well to coat chicken with flour.
- In a bowl, combine water, evaporated milk and sherry; stir well.
- Pour over chicken mixture.
- Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or on High for 3 to 4 hours.
- Stir in pasta; mix well to avoid the spaghetti pieces from sticking together; push under liquid.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cook on High for 15 to 20 minutes, or until pasta is done.