Recipe by Sica
A friend of mine posted this on Facebook. I saw similar recipes but nothing quite the same as this one. The ingredients listed optional were not part of this recipe but seen in others. Note: Not all soy sauce brands are equal. Some are saltier than others. Click here: http://bit.ly/11XhcZy to be added to The Girlfriend Life Newsletter for encouragement, recipes and ideas! Where this recipe came from.
Top Review by BreezyBeez
I've seen similar recipes for crock-pot chicken teriyaki for the past few months, decided to try this one. I tried three different batches, in short, everything listed as (Optional) you can leave out without much impact on the flavor. You can definitely leave out the soy sauce!! The optional 1/2 cup of soy sauce is way too much for this recipe, even 1/4 cup of soy sauce was going overboard! Sesame oil really isn't needed. Adding light sesame seeds for appearance and texture will be ok.
- 1 lb chicken, diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons orange zest (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
- sesame seeds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chicken broth, teriyaki sauce, brown sugar and garlic cloves in large bowl.
- Add chicken to sauce, and toss to combine.
- Pour chicken mixture into crock-pot.
- Cook on low 4-6 hours, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve over hot cooked rice and spoon extra sauce if desired.