Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
Not a taco, not an enchilada. This meal cooks up easily in your slow cooker and is an intriguing combination of both. I am a green chile fan and I love this.
Top Review by riverrat118
Lorraine, Thanks VERY much for posting this recipe. I have made it over and over, with only the addition of some diced chile peppers, and love it. But today, as it was cooking, I thought about how good this might be as enchildas. I took the meat out at the end of cookiing and shredded it, rolled it into enchiladas in a pan with some cheese, covered the them with the sauce from the crock pot, put cheese on top and baked for 45 minutes. OMG - they were fantastic. Try it sometime.
- 5 chicken thighs
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 (10 ounce) jar green enchilada sauce (I use 505 brand)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 12 -15 flour tortillas (10 inch)
Garnishes as desired
- salsa (optional)
- chopped onion (optional)
- shredded cheese (optional)
- shredded lettuce (optional)
- chopped tomato (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the skin and excess fat from the chicken pieces. Place chicken in crock pot.
- Combine the green enchilada sauce and soup in a bowl and blend well. Pour over chicken pieces.
- Cover crock pot and cook on LO 8 hours. When tender, remove chicken and shred. Add sauce to chicken to moisten nicely.
- Serve on tortillas . You can fold over the tortillas like a soft taco, or roll them up like an enchilada or even a burrito. Garnish as desired.