Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is something I made that is based on the Chicken Taco Crock Pot recipies found here. While I was making it, I found that this proved to be better as a soup than as tacos. Maybe because I used too much chicken broth. Still, the result was tasty, so here it is. This is based on a crock pot that only has on/off as a setting, so timing may vary from pot to pot
- Combine 2 TB of taco seasoning mix with the 15 ozs of chicken broth.
- Cut chicken breasts into three pieces.
- Dump everything into the crock pot for 4-6 hours or until chicken is ready.
- When chicken is tender, shred with two forks.
- Dump frozen corn into pot, heat for one hour.
- Serve with Cheddar Cheese and/or sour cream on top, if desired.
Must admit I was skeptical that so few ingredients would make a tasty result, but yes they did!! I found I needed to double the chicken to make enough to feed my family of four (including 2 teenage boys) though.
This was delicious! We freeze our own sweet corn, so I used that. I crunched up tortilla chips on the top when serving. Thanks for a great recipe.