Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Enjoy! Source: Pillsbury's Slow Cooker Recipes
- 2 slices bacon
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (reduced-fat preferred)
- 3 ounces sliced swiss cheese
- In a large skillet, fry the bacon until crisp.
- Drain on paper towels, and crumble.
- Set aside.
- In the same skillet, brown the chicken over medium high heat for about 5 minutes, or until light brown.
- Place browned chicken in large crockpot.
- Again, in the same skillet, heat the soup.
- Top the chicken first with the mushrooms, then with the soup.
- Cover and cook on low for at least 4 hours.
- (FYI, in my crockpot, I cook everything on High- adjust according to your equipment).
- Fifteen minutes before serving, top the chicken with the Swiss cheese and sprinkle with bacon crumbles.
- Cover again and cook on High for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Great quick meal. I salted and peppered the chicken breasts, then followed the recipe otherwise. Smoky, cheesy yum.
this was good, but I did make a couple changes. because I am in a hurry, I just put the chicken in the crock pot (no pre cooking in bacon grease). I put everything in the crock pot except the bacon and cheese. It looked a little too thick for me, so I added about 1/2 C white wine. I also added some rosemary, sage, Itailan seasoning and garlic.
Really delicious. I made as directed except for using low sodium soup and low sodium bacon. It turned out just right. Comfort food!