Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
You can substitute different types of cheese and different flavors of condensed soup to change the flavor.
- 3 slices bacon
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 10 ounces condensed cream of chicken soup or 10 ounces four cheese alfredo sauce
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms, drained or 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup diced swiss cheese or 1⁄2 cup havarti cheese
- In large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet and drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon and set aside in refrigerator.
- In bacon drippings in skillet, cook chicken over medium heat 3-5 minutes or until light brown, turning once. Place in 4-6 quart slow cooker. Top with mushrooms. In skillet, heat soup and pour over mushrooms and chicken. Cover and cook on low setting for 4-5 hours, or until chicken registers 165 degrees F on a meat thermometer.
- Top chicken with cheese slices and sprinkle with bacon. Cover and cook on high for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
I chose to use four cheese Alfredo instead of the condensed soup, I used Havarti cheese and both mushrooms and onions. OMG this is AMAZING, not cheesy decedent, served it over white rice and it is a huge hit.