Recipe by kkahmar
This easy chicken recipe is quick to prepare with cream of chicken and celery soups, chicken breasts, stuffing crumbs, and seasonings. Serve this chicken meal with your favorite side vegetables or a tossed green salad.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken with herbs soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf thyme, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 6 -8 boneless chicken breast halves, without skin
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups seasoned stuffing mix, crumbs about 6 ounces
- 4 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the soups, wine or broth, parsley, thyme, salt, and pepper. Wash chicken and pat dry.
- Lightly grease a 5 to 7-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle about 1/2 cup of the stuffing crumbs over the bottom of the cooker and drizzle with about 1 tablespoon of the butter.
- Top with half of the chicken, then half of the remaining stuffing crumbs. Drizzle with half of the remaining butter and spoon half of the soup mixture over that. Repeat with remaining chicken, stuffing crumbs, butter, and soup mixture. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 7 hours, or until chicken is cooked through.