I like this recipe because my family does not like beef stroganoff and this still tastes like stroganoff. Try it out and see for yourself. I got this recipe from a recipe group on Yahoo Groups called Crockpot_Recipes.
- Place frozen chicken breasts on the bottom of the crock pot.
- Mix the other ingredients together and pour over chicken breats.
- Cook on Low for about 7-8 hours, or until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Stir sauce before cooking and if you would like to thicken sauce, add flour or cornstarch.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
I founds this very salty, next time I'll definitely cut down on the onion soup mix. Other then that I loved how it was so easy to throw together.
I haven't used my crockpot much. I decided to try this recipe due to the ratings. We found it just mediocre and I won't be making it again because it was pretty bland.
Great recipe! I live in Japan and hot to go with what I have - a 6 cup rice cooker instead of a crock pot and no onion soup mix (so I put about 2T dried roasted onion spice, 1 chicken bullion cube, 1/4 t black pepper, 1/8 t or so paprika and a dash of a few random spices I happen to have). I used 3 good sized chicken breasts (came out to almost 2 lbs), so I doubled the soup. Oh, and I only had a tiny bit of sour cream, maybe 2 tablespoons, but even still, the flavor was definitely there! All these changes, and it was still delicious and hearty and warm and wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing this!